In simple terms, the way a solar power system works is that:
1. Solar Panels — The solar panels are made up of photovoltaic (PV) cells, which convert sunlight into direct current (DC) electricity throughout the day.
2. Inverter — This device converts the DC electricity generated by the solar panels into the alternating current (AC) electricity.
3. Electrical Panel — The AC electricity is sent from the inverter to your electrical panel to power your lights and appliances with solar energy. The electrical panel is often called a "breaker box."
4. Utility Meter — The utility meter measures your energy use. It actually goes backward when your system generates more power than you immediately need. This excess solar energy offsets the energy you use at night.
5. Utility Grid —Your business is still connected to the grid. You’ll need that power from the utility company at night, but don’t worry. The cost is offset by any excess solar energy you put into the grid during the day.
6. Monitoring System — The monitoring system continuously tracks your energy production and ensures that your solar power system is running smoothly. It will even alert repair crews in the rare event that problems arise.
Professional, fast, and reliable. Contact us with any questions you may have about residential, commercial or industrial solar systems. You can reach us by email at any time and we will get back to you promptly.
Suite 4, 92 Lincoln Street Oxley 4075
1300 92 61 61